The ERUDITUS group is a leader in the $280 billion global professional education market. In the last fiscal year, the group enrolled 30,000 students from across more than 80 countries in courses delivered in collaboration with university partners such as MIT, Columbia, Harvard Business School, INSEAD, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. The ERUDITUS group expects to increase its enrolment by more than 200% in the coming fiscal.
EMERITUS offers professional education courses in collaboration with top-ranked universities: MIT, Columbia, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. Using technology and curriculum innovation, EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll in full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. EMERITUS’ global team includes 500+ employees located in Boston, Dubai, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi and Singapore.
This position is responsible for the design of bootcamp programs in collaboration with our university partner institutions. You will be part of the Design Team, which includes team members in the US and India, and the broader Learning Team, which has team members across the globe. The Design team plays a critical role in developing our online course offerings, and ensuring they meet the world-class standards of us and our partners.
- Collaborate with university faculty and staff on the design of digital learning experiences
- Work with faculty to anchor program learning outcomes against real-world job skills
- Provide guidance to university faculty and staff on best practices of instructional design
- Define and design key course elements, including, but not limited to student learning outcomes, performance competencies, interactive elements, case studies, assessments, activities, portfolio projects, and capstone projects.
- Adhere to course design schedules and quality assurance standards
- Communicate effectively with faculty and representatives from partner institutions
- Contribute to positive faculty and school relationships with a high touch, client-focused approach.
- Deliver against deadlines in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Liaise and collaborate with global team members
- Contribute effectively and meaningfully to a cross-functional team to ensure that course launch and daily operations run smoothly.
- Advocate for the learner and ensure that courses create value for them
- Remain current with research and emerging trends in instructional design and learning technology
- Conduct quality control checks on new and existing online courses.
- Work in coordination with the remainder of the Design team, as well as the Delivery team to ensure that course launch and daily operations run smoothly
- 6 + years of experience working with faculty in higher education
- Detailed knowledge of evidence-based instructional design practices, models, and processes
- Demonstrated expertise in Backward Design, needs analysis and active student responding
- Facility for identifying critical performances and arranging opportunities to measure them
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation methods, as well as analysis of performance data
- Experience coaching faculty in evidence-based best practices for learning
- Experience managing projects and/or programs that involve diverse individuals who may be local or at a distance
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated skill working with online learning tools and software
- Experience designing or converting courses for online delivery
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of universal design for learning and accessibility standards
- Familiarity with known course design quality standards (e.g., Quality Matters)
- Experience with quality assurance and quality control processes
- You’re most productive in a swift-moving environment, with a capacity to relentlessly adjust as necessary
- You’re comfortable bringing your own point of view to the table
- You’re highly collaborative, but you recognize when and how to take the reins and self-direct
- You’re ready for a challenging growth opportunity, and you’re excited about the prospect of working with multinational colleagues
- You’ve earned a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Instructional Design, Educational Psychology, or related discipline, from a fully accredited university
- You have a passion for learning and a willingness to experiment with new skills and perspectives
- You want to work hard and solve difficult problems
- You take pride in the quality of your work, but maintain respectfulness in managing relationships across different cultures and clients
- You have a diplomatic approach to both face-to-face and virtual communications
- You are flexible and can go with the flow
- You don’t take yourself too seriously and have a good sense of humor
EMERITUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
To apply for this job, mail us at Keisha.Richardson@emeritus.org