The ERUDITUS group is a leader in the $280 billion global professional education market. In the last fiscal year, the group enrolled 30,000 students from across more than 80 countries in courses delivered in collaboration with university partners such as MIT, Columbia, Harvard Business School, INSEAD, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. The ERUDITUS group expects to increase its enrolment by more than 200% in the coming fiscal.
EMERITUS offers professional education courses in collaboration with top-ranked universities: MIT, Columbia, Tuck at Dartmouth, Wharton, UC Berkeley and London Business School. Using technology and curriculum innovation, EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll in full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. EMERITUS’ global team includes 500+ employees located in Boston, Dubai, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi and Singapore.
This position is responsible for the design of certificate courses in data science disciplines in collaboration with our university partner institutions. You will be part of the Design Team, which includes team members in the US and India, and the broader Learning Team, which has team members across the globe. The Design team plays a critical role in developing our online course offerings, ensuring they meet the high standards for design of Emeritus and our partners.
- Collaborate with university faculty and staff on the design of digital learning experiences.
- Work with faculty to anchor program learning outcomes against real-world job skills.
- Provide guidance to university faculty and staff on best practices of instructional design.
- Define and design key course elements, including, but not limited to student learning outcomes, performance competencies, interactive elements, case studies, assessments, activities, portfolio projects, and capstone projects.
- Adhere to course design schedules and quality assurance standards.
- Communicate effectively with faculty and representatives from partner institutions.
- Contribute to positive faculty and school relationships with a high touch, client-focused approach.
- Deliver against deadlines in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Liaise and collaborate with global team members.
- Contribute effectively and meaningfully to a cross-functional team to ensure that course launch and daily operations run smoothly.
- Advocate for the learner and ensure that courses create value for them.
- Remain current with research and emerging trends in instructional design and learning technology.
- Conduct quality control checks on new and existing online courses.
- Work in coordination with other business units to ensure that courses launch on time and daily operations run smoothly.
- 3-5 years of experience working with faculty in higher education.
- Detailed knowledge of evidence-based instructional design practices, models, and processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in Backward Design.
- Facility for identifying critical performances and arranging opportunities to measure them.
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation methods, as well as analysis of performance data.
- Experience coaching faculty in evidence-based best practices for learning.
- Experience managing projects and/or programs that involve diverse individuals who may be local or at a distance.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in designing courses for technical audiences
- Familiarity with a programming language and autograder software
- Demonstrated skill working with online learning tools and software
- Experience designing or converting courses for online delivery
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of universal design for learning and accessibility standards
- Familiarity with course design quality standards (e.g., Quality Matters)
- Experience with quality assurance and quality control processes
EMERITUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
To apply for this job, mail us at David.Fondanarosa@emeritus.org